Tuesday, July 1, 2014

SPEED 2: CRUISE CONTROL MONTH!

It came to me not a few weeks past that I was neglecting my Speed 2 duties, in that I was not reminding all those in earshot that some things are best left alone. Here at A Leaf on the Wind, there has been a Speed 2 month in the past. I'm reviving it, with more than just focus on film -- bad, perceived to be bad, or otherwise.

Starting tomorrow, I'll investigate the 15 Movies Better than Speed 2 column I wrote some years ago, when Myspace was all the rage. Remember Myspace? It died as quickly as Jason Patric's career after Speed 2 was pulled from theatres. I'll cover the 15 movies periodically through the month, with some other aspects of what I deem the worst movie ever made (that I've seen). If you think anything Uwe Boll has ever produced is worse that Speed 2, you're missing the point, which will be gone over, repeatedly, through the month of July.

This is not a "hate" discussion, per se. This is intended to be eye-opening. Also, if you have an opinion and have never watched Speed 2, you need to see it first to understand the audacious crappiness that was intended to be entertainment. The Teletubbies were intended entertainment too, yet they had a specific age focus. Who or what was the intended focus of an overproduced, overpriced, overbearing Speed 2? A movie even, let's say it together now, KEANU REEVES wouldn't staple his name to?

All of these questions will be answered, hopefully with the assistance of some of you fine fans that actually enjoy this horrid pile of drek. Honestly, I don't know how you sleep at night.

Til tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment